Thursday, March 24, 2016

Easter meditation

The Empty Tomb (public domain, wikimedia commons) 
Of all the sacred events we celebrate each year, I think I feel Easter the most. I'm thrown from the depth of the garden to the height of the empty tomb in just a few days time. And what happens in between? Man's been searching for words that can bear the weight of that for over a thousand years. 


So today I add my own words to the mix. Words in obvious need of better rhyme and meter. But, nevertheless, a sincere outpouring of my heart in this passion week. May their truth encourage you as you enter the Easter weekend! 



I listen at Gethsemane, calm glen of Christ the Lord, 
Hear him kneel among the olives; pressed out and poured.
In the heavy shade, fervent prayers resound
and surrender's crimson drops saturate the ground.

I watch alone at Calvary, steep hill of sin's high cost.
See displayed my greatest gain; and for Him the bitter loss. 
Through the thick of night, eyes of faith behold
The Son of God forsaken work a love untold.  

I feel the hollowed sepulcher, cold tomb of man's defeat. 
touch where the seal was broken, and all victory released. 
From the damp of death, sparked a living flame
Where all may bask in the warmth of the risen Lamb.


Beth 

No comments:

Post a Comment