Thursday, July 21, 2016

a matter of prayer for the blog

Hi! 

I'm Beth, writer of this blog in case you were wondering.

Niece Emma showcasing how I feel writing this post
Hahaha (clears throat)

This is going to be an unusual post, but, you've proven such adroit and agile readers, I know I can do this to you without fear of mass hysteria or a general stampede towards the nearest exit. (can you tell I'm kinda jittery about this? Too much coffee maybe?) SOOOO....

News Flash: We are getting TOO BIG. 

And by 'we' I mean Single Threads. 

Which means a few things.

1. My readership (that's you! *loud applause*) has been increasing consistently for a while now. Which, other than having me in a constant state of jaw-drop, necessitates something more than what I'm currently doing on the blog. You know, something more than just throwing words up here and hoping you find them at some point. Which leads me to the next point...

2. Growth means change. AHHHHHH!!!!! You all know how I feel about that. But it's good, right? I mean right? Yes yes of course. And one of the biggest changes (so I'm told) is that I need a new site to blog from. Which means I need to MOVE MY ENTIRE BLOG SELF to a sharper, more visible, more traffic-friendly environment. And perhaps get my hair highlighted. (that was free) Which leads us to the third prong of this brilliant numeration...

3. I need help. Beth's brain simply does not fire on this technological level. As in, even the basic features currently on Single Threads were lovingly and patiently dictated to me by a dear friend sitting within a foot of me and repeating herself frequently in increasingly smaller sentences for HOURS. You get the idea. 

SO, would you all...

Pray that God gives me courage and wisdom to know how much of this to take on myself and when to invest in professional assistance?

Pray that He leads me to the right people and resources that will make this possible?

I mean I just don't know if I could work with someone like Hoss from Bonanza and stay focused, you know? (joke, friends, that was a joke) (but seriously, do you know a godly single man like Hoss.) 

Really though, would you also pray this will bring God more glory by reaching more lives? 
..........................................................

Now, this isn't in the works because I'm gettin' the big head or think I'm all that or woo-hoo, or 'Just call me (insert famous blogger here)'. It's more of a "this is a fearful, exciting, amazing, and necessary thing that God is leading me to because He is so good and loves to use what we love to do for His name's sake." (that's me quoting me by the way) 

And I need people's prayers behind me in this. 

Also (do I even want to open this door?) IF you have any mad skilz, resources, or other such helpful tidbits of know-how about the blog-o-sphere you feel led to share, I'm here. And I may even be clutching a fistful of small bills to throw your way.

But that may also be the coffee talking. 

Also, (In case you forgot) my name is Beth, writer of this blog.

Hahaha (clears throat) 

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Jenny Hartfelter might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ask or imagine! Praying.

    ReplyDelete