Thursday, November 17, 2016

lest I forget

Lest I forget that He bore all of my sin in His own body on the tree.

Lest I forget that means there is now no condemnation that can be fastened to me. 

That I am accepted in the beloved.

That I am at peace with God the Father because of the sacrifice of His Son. 

That He calls me His child.

Lest I forget that I am dead to sin.

That this means through Christ I may freely do the things I would, and not do the things I would not. 

That there is a way of escape in each temptation. 

Lest I forget that my lust to have and rule and be best is a broken, defeated master.

Lest I forget that God gave up His only begotten as a display of His love for me.

That there is no greater love than this I could possibly experience. 

Lest I forget that I may know the height, depth, length, and breath of this loving kindness in seasons of quiet unrest, and moments of screaming need.

Lest I forget that I am the created and fallen.

But also the redeemed, sanctified, justified, bought, forgiven…

that I am all those things and more that I could never cherish a hope of being without Christ.

Lest I forget these truths are more than mere words on this page. 

More than the spoken stuff of Sunday School and sermons. 

That they are my very identity. My reality. 

The me because of Jesus Christ.
...............................................

Father, today, lest I forget...

Lead me to Calvary.








No comments:

Post a Comment