Thursday, March 9, 2017

this I know

Here’s a bit of very bad poetry for you, friends. But it is an accurate reflection of what God has been teaching me this week, and it kept clamoring to come out in rhyme and meter.

 So I gave in. Que sera, sera. Be merciful.

This week I had to make a big decision quickly and unexpectedly. And I found myself frustrated with God that He would put me in that position without a thorough understanding of why. Especially when the decision appeared to be unfavorable for me. And that’s when He reminded me that, well, that’s exactly what faith is

What I know about my God and my relationship with Him is more than enough to support the questions that are not yet answered. Abraham believed this about God. And so can I. Despite how things appear. 
.............................

I do not know how faith can look
Like the closing of a well-loved book
A sudden end to familiar joys,
A snuffing of a current hope.

But while I live, I do know this:
My Lord is mine and I am His.

I do not know how faith can sound
Like a shaking voice over flooding ground
A surging change beneath my feet
A wave of fearful strength and loud.

But this I know while life shall last:
I cling to Christ, and He holds me fast.

I do not know how faith can taste
Like a bitter sop pressed to my face
A drink that I would never choose,
A paradox of sovereign grace.

But this I know and am secure:
My love is His, and His love endures.
.............................

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Rom. 8:28, 38-39

Beth 


No comments:

Post a Comment